Monday, March 24, 2014

Damned Weekends

I admit it.  I was slacking last weekend.  I did play some Space Engineers but I was busy on Saturday and caught up on TV shows from last week.  Diablo 3's new patch is coming out tomorrow but I will try to gather some science tonight,  I also have a few more videos to edit (including some Space Engineers stuff).  

Maybe by next weekend I will be caught up.  I have some lofty goals, but now that I have docking ports, I have opened up a few extra possibilities.  I can refuel in space.  This will make life much easier.  Moving fuel from the surface of Kerbin to low Kerbin orbit is soooo wasteful.  Regardless of what rocket you bring the fuel up on, there is still a large waste of energy.  The best method is to keep the fuel in space and not plowing through Kerbin;'s atmo or gravity well.  Ultimately, my goal is to have a refueling station on Minmus (that has the lowest gravity of the 3 orbital bodies (Kerbin, Mun, Minmus)), so it will make the best refueling hub for extra-planetary missions.  This is where the Kethane mod and Kerbal Attachment System come into play.  We will need life support, habitation and electricity to keep the fuel factory pumping out liters of liquid gold.  I have some exploration missions to run with Kethane detectors, but that is the easy part.   I just need to open up the tech node with more probe bodies.  Stayputnik's don't work so well when you need to stack things on top and underneath.  I hope to have this sorted by this weekend.  Stay tuned and as always, fly safe-ish.

No comments:

Post a Comment